Strictly Come Dancing champion Ore Oduba has revealed that he and his wife Portia are not ready to have children – well, not just yet! Appearing on Thursday’s Lorraine, the TV presenter confessed that he and his wife of one year are just “too busy” to plan a family at the moment. When quizzed by chat show host Lorraine about the possibility of having babies soon, Ore replied: “Are you going to get on my back with the babies, as well as my mum and dad?”
Clearly feeling the pressure, he teased: “Give us a break! Give us a chance! We haven’t got the time… Last year we spent about a day together.” Ore, 31, tied the knot with Portia, 29, in 2015. And just a few months into their married life, Ore’s wife was his biggest support during his victorious stint on Strictly last year. He added: “Since the first week of us being together we spoke about it.” Speaking about his time on the popular BBC dance show, Ore revealed that he’s still in touch with his dancing partner Jo Clifton.
“Trying to dance – before the show I was dancing in my kitchen, living room but now Jo (Clifton) – is coming down on Sunday – she’s busy killing it on her show,” he added.
A Nova Scotia man said the province revoked his personalized license plate because his unusual family name, Grabher, was dubbed “socially unacceptable.”
Lorne Grabher said he has no problem getting a “GRABHER” license plate for his father in 1991, but in December he received a letter from the Nova Scotia Registrar of Motor Vehicles saying his own vanity plate was being revoked after a complaint.
He said the letter branded his license plate “socially unacceptable” because it can be read as “grab her,” which could be seen as promoting violence against women.
Grabher wondered whether the objections to his plate stemmed from the infamous recording released during last year’s U.S. presidential election, featuring Donald Trump using the phrase “grab her” in a vulgar fashion.
He said he shouldn’t be punished for the now-president’s actions.
“Donald Trump is a totally different person. He’s ignorant. He doesn’t care about anybody and I shouldn’t be put in a class like him,” Grabher said.
Grabher said he is considering a legal challenge to get his plate back. In the meantime, he said he is putting one of his son’s Alberta plates on the front of his car.
“I’m proud of it and as far as I know in Nova Scotia we’re allowed to put whatever we want on the front of the car,” he said.
Vin Diesel choked up while paying tribute to the late Paul Walker at CinemaCon on Wednesday.
He said that he decided to go forward with “The Fast and the Furious” franchise to make good on a promise Walker made that there would be an eighth chapter in the long-running series. That film, “The Fate of the Furious,” opens next month. Universal later surprised the audience by debuting the full movie.
“It was Paul Walker who promised eight,” Diesel said. “It played over and over again in my brain.”
Walker died in an automobile crash in 2013.
Hundreds of people in Canada gathered together to walk through the streets dressed as Albert Einstein to set a world record.
The group of 404 people donned white wigs, fake mustaches and Einstein’s regular wardrobe of a blazer and necktie to set the Guinness World Record for “largest gathering of people dressed as Albert Einstein” in Toronto on Tuesday.
Cheers erupted from the crowd and white wigs were flung into the air once the horde of Einsteins were informed they had eclipsed the previous record of 99.
The massive world record attempt also marked the beginning of the 2017 Next Einstein competition, which looks for “ideas that make the world a better place.”
“This is a competition all about imagination and innovation and ideas,” President and CEO of Canadian Friends of Hebrew University Rami Kleinmann said.
A pair of eighth grade students 13-year-old Jonathan Sherman and 14-year-old Daniel Solomon created a hologram security system after Sherman’s home was broken into.
Over 400 migrants mainly from the Africa have been rescued by aid agencies off the coast of Libya.
Spanish authorities say the rescue operation took place after they were found floating in a wooden boat. The exercise took place after a notification came in from Italian authorities.
Proactiva’s rescue boat, the ‘Golfo Azzurro’ and rescue vessels from two other aid organizations immediately headed to the area. The 17 metre wooden craft contained migrants mainly from Morocco, Algeria, Libya, and Gambia, as well as Bangladesh, a Spanish aid organization said.
They included 16 women and two children. Some of the migrants were suffering from sea sickness.
The evacuation of the wooden boat lasted almost five hours, officials said. The migrants will be taken to Sicily.
On March 23 five migrants were pulled dead from the sea off the coast of Libya in another rescue operation.