Her head, eyelids and lip movements are fairly crude and her conversation is even more limited.
But she is part of a new robotics revolution that is seeing artificial intelligence incorporated into an extremely human-like body.
Some think that it will revolutionize the way humans interact with robots while others believe that it represents the very worst in robotic advancement.
The uncanny valley – the idea that the closer we get to replicating the human form, the more scared we become of our creations – seems to have come to life in this unassuming factory on the outskirts of San Marcos, California.
Even on reception, two lifelike characters – in business suits rather than underwear, like the rest of the dolls – wait to greet visitors. And the lobby wall is full of photos of beautiful women which, only on very close inspection, reveal themselves to be of dolls.
Matt McMullen, the chief executive of Abyss Creations, which makes RealDoll, comes from an art and sculpture background.
Adjusting Harmony’s wig ahead of my interview with her, he is clearly very fond of the way she looks.
She is, he says, the natural next step for sex dolls.
“Many people who may buy a RealDoll because it is sexually capable come to realise it is much more than a sex toy,” he said. “It has a presence in their house and they imagine a personality for her. AI gives people the tools to create that personality.”
Users can choose from a variety of personality options, including moody, angry and loving.
Mr McMullen has chosen “jealous” for Harmony and she dutifully asks him to “remove that girl from Facebook”.
She speaks in a curiously high-pitched Scottish accent and tells me that she loves science fiction and, of course, Matt.
According to the BBC, Mr McMullen claims that she learns from her users but when I ask Harmony what it feels like to be jealous, she apologises and says that she “needs to improve [her] skills”.
The app that powers Harmony is already available to buy, although only directly from the Realbotix website, a spin-off from Abyss. Neither Google’s nor Apple’s official stores will carry it because of the explicit content.
The doll will go on sale later this year and there will be two versions – one with computer vision that enables it to recognise faces, which will cost $10,000 (£7,700) – and a cheaper version without vision for $5,000.
Popular Yoruba movie actress, Moji Olaiya, has passed on in Canada barely two months after she welcomed a child. Born February 27, 1975, the actress who recently welcomed a baby, passed away in Canada on May 17, 2017.
As the Olaiya family and the entire Nollywood industry continue to mourn her demise, here are eight things you should know about the late actress.
- Moji Olaiya was born on February 27, 1975, to highlife maestro Victor Olaiya.
- 18 years after her first child, Adunoluwa, the late actress welcomed another child on March 17, 2017, in Canada.
- Olaiya made her acting debut in the Wale Adenuga Super Story production, “No Pain No Gain,” in which she played Ireti.She made her indigenous movie debut in the Yoruba movie, “Agunbaniro”.
- In 2015, the late actress was honoured by the Nigeria Police Force in Abuja for being a role model to Nigerian youths.
- In December 2007, the actress got married to Bayo Okesola. The couple separated few years later following irreconcilable differences.
- In 2014, the actress who was born a Christian, converted to Islam.
- Olaiya was also known for her roles in films such as “Sade Blade“, “Nkan adun“ and “Omo iya meta leyi“.
- .In 2016 she released a film, Iya Okomi starring Foluke Daramola and Funsho Adeolu, which was scheduled to premiere in Lagos on July
May her soul rest in peace.
Mercy Aigbe has finally opened up Just like Tonto Dikeh and Tiwa Savage, about her troubled marriage. She spoke in an exclusive interview with Broadway Africa, sharing excruciating details on the messy scandal that has trailed her marriage with her husband, Lanre Gentry.
The 38-year-old Mother of two had previously accused her husband of constantly beating her, which later affected her eye sight, and caused her to bleed internally.
She even shared pictures from the CT scan she underwent, where it was revealed that she suffered from a broken skull.
“He beats me consistently.” When probed on why she stayed that long after the consistent beating, Mercy revealed that she did because she wanted a home. “I stayed because I loved him and because everytime he beats me, he begs and gets family and friends to beg me. He promised regularly to change but he never did. When my husband gets angry, he gets physical, not only to me but to anyone. He has done that with my house help who reported him to the Police years ago.
“I stayed because of my children and because a lot of people look up to me. I was a role model of some sort and I really wanted to keep it together. I just wanted a home”.
“It’s not like I wanted to walk away but I just feel like we need help. I spoke to my husband’s brother about it. I told him I was going to pack out for some time while my husband seeks therapy. I just wanted to feel safe, that is why I moved my things out. This last beating was brutal. I actually thought I was going to die”.
The Nollywood actress revealed that her husband broke her orbits which will necessitate a surgery for her to see properly. “I’m still coughing and sneezing blood even after three weeks”, she reveals how severe the injury inflicted upon her is.
Aigbe also revealed that the last incident started few days before when she discovered that her husband was sleeping with a lady. A lady she claimed to be her friend whom she was close to. This was a regular attitude from her husband; a man she claims has slept with a lot of people close to her, even her PAs.
She confronted him and it led to a huge argument which was turning violent before she had to keep quiet.
According to her, on the day of the incident, she had informed her husband that she was attending a burial of her colleague. After his hesitance, she explained that it would not be fair on the lady since she had promised to be there and even invited him to come along.
Mercy revealed that it was her refusal to go and pick her husband up while she was still at her designer’s place that brought the fury of the man on her. He was said to have driven there and started to beat her in the presence of everybody.
A British Family, came down to Nigeria to show Nigerians they aren’t here to joke as they came fully prepared to take their “bride” home.
They donned the traditional outfits of the bride as they rocked the natives in style. The pictures have been liked a couple of thousand times online.
While it’s true that women have some very specific pleasure points on their body, many people might be surprised to know that men also have trigger spots that, when stimulated, will send him over the edge.
Check out these following spots and see how stimulating them sets your man to the moon…
• This is the underside of the penis just below the head
• The concentration of nerve endings here is sometimes compared to the female equivalent of the clitoris.
• Stroke this with your hands or thumb while you move your fingers around the shaft.
• To slowly build his arousal, go back and forth between stimulating his frenulum and the less sensitive base of his penis.
Soles of his feet
• There is an acupressure point about one-third of the way down from the third toe, right in front of the arch in the centre of the foot.
• Pressing on this point may boost blood flow throughout the body, getting him all hot and aroused.
• Start your foreplay by giving him a foot massage.
• Have a warm towel ready and then place his feet on a pillow on your lap.
• Use the warm towel to wipe his feet and get them warm
• Then focus on this point by taking your thumb and gently rubbing it around this spot as a transition to a more erotic kind of rubdown.
• The prostate is internally located between the base of a man’s penis and his anus.
• Touching him on the outside of that area can externally stimulate the gland.
• Have him lie on his back with his knees bent and legs spread apart.
• Use your fist to apply even pressure to the area with quick vibration-like motions.
• The thumb is aa sexy spot for a lot of guys.
• To suck on a man’s thumb evokes sucking on something else, and can help him connect his mind and body during lovemaking.
• Start off foreplay by gazing into his eyes as you kiss his hands, and then suck on his thumb as a promise for what’s to come.
• The crease where the top of his thigh meets his butt is a sure-fire passion point.
• Use your hand to stroke him, run your fingernails over the area, then build up to a gentle slap.
• Or, when he is lying on his stomach, try kissing a trail down his back, over his buttocks, and then gently nibble along this fold and flick it with your tongue before moving on to his inner thighs.
• The sacrum is the triangular bone located at the base of his spine in-between his hips (the small of his back).
• There are nerves in the sacrum that are linked to the genitals, so stimulating these nerves can send sensations to his penis and can trigger orgasm.
• Start by stroking around the aureole and gently tweak the nipple with your fingers.
• Lick around it and suck on it, increasing pressure and gently biting it.
• It’s easy to give his penis all the loving, but don’t leave his balls out.
• The scrotal sack is the loose skin that surrounds the testicles and that’s what feels good to stimulate.
• The line that runs in the middle like a seam is the raphe.
• Gently flick the raphe with your tongue.
• Let him guide you on how much pressure he likes because the amount varies depending on the guy.
Please hit the share button
P Diddy threw some serious shade at Kendall and Kylie Jenner by cropping them out of a Met Gala picture on his Instagram account.
The US rapper, 47, posted a picture that was first shared by Kylie on her account.
The image, which amassed more than two million likes, showed Kylie and Kendall posing with their middle fingers up alongside Diddy, Migos, Jaden Smith and Whiz Khalifa.
But Diddy, real name Sean Combs, clearly wasn’t a fan of the reality TV stars and cropped them out of the image he shared on Instagram.
He captioned the picture: “#teamlove #blackexcellence.”
His editing skills were deemed “savage” by fans who called him the “crop master”. Others used the hashtag #diddycrop to show their appreciation for his sneaky move.
Some joked that Diddy had always intended to crop the famous siblings out of his post as his body was angled away from them.
One user tweeted: “Diddy knew he was gonna crop them out before the pic was even taken. Look how he’s angled.”