Buhari’s Health Deteriorates, Suffers Speech Impairment In London

Buhari’s Health Deteriorates, Suffers Speech Impairment In London

President Muhammad Buhari, who left Nigeria 45 days ago to resume treatment for an undisclosed medical condition believed to be cancer, has developed speech difficulties, presidency sources said today.

Previously, Mr. Buhari was also said to be suffering memory lapses. The latest revelation stems from recent attempts to return the President to Nigeria by members of a cabal managing his health and using it to deceive Nigerians.

Several of President Buhari’s aides who traveled with him are reportedly not in touch with him, reports say, while others were ordered to return to Nigeria, with nobody having any certainty about the prospects of Mr. Buhari’s date of return.

During his last tripit was  revealed that his London doctors rejected the idea of his returning to work. They asked that he remained in London for four months to see how best they could treat his illness. Nonetheless, the cabal managing the president brought him back to enable him to undertake a number of acts including military postings and appointments that would have been impossible with an acting President on seat.

At that time, Buhari revealed he had been very ill and had received blood transfusion, and indicated he would soon return to the UK for further treatment. During the period he was in Nigeria, he was rarely seen outside, but managed to attend a few Federal Executive Council meetings which he left as soon as the photo opportunities were done with. Two weeks after that return, his condition deteriorated and doctors had to be flown in from the UK to embark on treatment, but that phase lasted only for a few weeks.

The president then stopped attending the weekly FEC altogether, but to maintain the ruse that he was healthy, members of the cabal would shepherd him to the mosque on Fridays hoping to generate sentiments within the core Muslim north where a rumor had circulated that the president had been “poisoned”.

Buhari eventually left for the UK abruptly on the evening of May 7, shortly after meeting with some Chibok girls who had been released the previous day by Boko Haram. Although Buhari spoke at the event, his voice was barely audible, as he had lost a lot of weight, his condition reportedly complicated by Crohn’s Disease.

When the President was leaving for the airport, he shocked his aides when he asked if they were going to Sokoto, perhaps one of the first signs of his deteriorating memory.

According to Sahara Reporters, President Buhari has not spoken to Acting President Yemi Osinbajo by telephone since his departure. Only last week, the Acting President was asked to await a phone call from Mr. Buhari but when a call eventually came in, nothing coherent was heard from Mr. Buhari, despite the cabal having kept telling people of his “tremendous” improvement.

The cabal is also reportedly behind the rumors of a possible coup by some military officers a couple of weeks ago, as well as the recent quit notice by some Northern youths to the Igbos in that area, which they figured would make western countries view such an attempt with understanding if they thought the action would protect Nigeria as an indivisible entity.

2 Chibok Schoolgirls Graduate From US High School

2 Chibok Schoolgirls Graduate From US High School

Two Chibok schoolgirls who escaped from Boko Haram militants have graduated from a high school in Washington D.C.. The two girls known simply by their first names Debbie and Grace graduated after completing junior year (11th grade) and senior year (12 grade) at a private school in the Washington metro area in America.

Debbie and Grace were part of the 57 girls who escaped from Boko Haram terrorists after the mass abduction of almost 275 schoolgirls in April 2014.

The two schoolgirls were among a dozen Nigerian girls sponsored to school abroad by a Nigerian NGO Education Must Continue Initiative with the help of US based international human rights lawyer Emmanuel Ogebe. EMC helps victims overcome the impact of the insurgency by one of the world’s deadliest terror group Boko Haram which has destroyed hundreds of schools and killed thousands. By this graduation, Debbie and Grace became the first escaped Chibok girls to graduate from an American high school with diplomas after completing and meeting academic standards.

Special schools for girls, women to be established soon – FG

Special schools for girls, women to be established soon – FG

Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Aisha Jummai Al-hassan has disclosed plans by the federal government to establish special schools for girls and women across the country.

The Minister spoke in Katsina and said the school will serve the purpose of Adult education and literacy among the women. Al-Hassan said already the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu is working on modalities to establish the schools which will address issues of women who ones went to school and dropped out at a point due to one reason or the other.

The Women Minister uged them to stop sending their female wards for street hawking saying it exposes them to danger of becoming irresponsible, early marriage which can lead to VVF where the female child is not ripe for marriage. She unfounded several government intervention in place for women in the country sighting instance with the Federal Government plan to disburse a sum of N140 billion for women empowerment through govt programme – Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, GEEP.

Earlier, in her address, the Commissioner of Women Affairs, Hajiya Badiya Hassan Mashi said already over 13,000 women have indicated interest in the GEEP scheme in the state.

Calls For Buhari’s Resignation Over Ill-Health Wrong  -Bode George

Calls For Buhari’s Resignation Over Ill-Health Wrong -Bode George

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olabode George, on Thursday faulted calls by some politicians on President Mohammed Buhari to resign over his ill-health. George faulted the calls while speaking with some journalists in Lagos, describing them as wrong and inflammatory.

He said it was inhumane of anyone to pressure the president to step down from office just because he was having some health challenges. George pointed out that it was only the president and his managers who could decide when he was incapacitated, adding those making the calls are taking politics too far.

Bode George said he was always praying for his quick recovery, urging all Nigerians, irrespective of political allegiance, to do the same. “Even though I have always been on different camps with the president, I do not think it is right for anybody to have evil thoughts towards him. “He is ill and we can only wish him good health and pray for him; calling him to resign because of this is getting beyond politics. He is a human being and only God knows the appointed time for everyone.

Nigerians, others to pay £5.48 for UK visa email

Nigerians, others to pay £5.48 for UK visa email

With effect from today, June 1, Nigerians and other nationals outside the United Kingdom are to pay a new fee of £5.48 before they can make any form of British visa enquiry through electronic mail.

Similarly, all visa enquiries outside the United Kingdom will be handled by a new contractor, Sitel UK.

The new developments are contained in a terse statement made available on Thursday to Vanguard by the Media and Public Affairs Officer of the British High Commission in Abuja, Mr. Joe Abuku. The statement said, “From 1 June, all customer enquiries will be handled by a new commercial partner Sitel UK. The new contract will see a number of changes for customers. “These changes help the government reduce costs and ensure those who benefit directly from the UK immigration system make an appropriate contribution.

“The main changes for customers applying from outside the UK are: all phone numbers and opening hours will change, the number of languages offered is reducing to 8 including English, while customers who contact UK Visas and Immigration by email will be charged £5.48. “You will need to pay using a credit or debit card for contacting us by email.

The charge includes the first email enquiry you send and any follow-up emails to and from the contact centre relating to the same enquiry. “The way you pay to use the telephone service will remain the same using a credit or debit card. “If you do not have access to a credit or debit card, you may choose to use a trusted 3rd party such as an agent or sponsor. “There are no changes to services if you are contacting us from inside the UK,” the statement said.

Nokia 3310 Back In Nigeria, With A New Look And Feel

Nokia 3310 Back In Nigeria, With A New Look And Feel

The old reliable Nokia 3310 phone is now back in Nigeria as a modern reimagined handset that would speak for itself. Unlike the old Nokia 3310, the new Nokia came with dual SIM slots and camera.

Nokia phones manufacturer, HMD Global, said in a statement on Thursday that the new Nokia 3310 was a classic handset which came in warm red, yellow, dark blue and grey colours. “We are delighted to bring the Nokia 3310 phone to our consumers in Nigeria. “Nokia has been one of the most iconic and recognisable phone brands in our country for decades,’’ said Joseph Umunakwe, HMD manager for West, East and Central Africa.

According to Umunakwe, Nokia’s consumers are more discerning and demanding than ever before and the company will always put them first in producing phones. He said that the company had worked hard with its teams around the world to bring together world class manufacturers, operating systems and technology partners.

He said that the collaboration enabled the company to come out with the new Nokia 3310 which is sold for N18,000. The new Nokia 3310 has a larger screen, a slightly re-designed key-pad, a 2-megapixel camera on the rear with flash. The new phone comes with a rear-mounted speaker and a micro-USB port for charging and supports only 2G and doesn’t support Wi-Fi. While the original Nokia 3310 shipped with a 900mAh battery, the new Nokia 3310 ships with a bigger 1,200mAh power pack. It is rated to deliver up to 22 hours of talk time and up to one month of standby on a single charge.

The new Nokia 3310 also comes with a 2.4-inch full colour display which is certainly a big improvement over the monochrome screen of the original Nokia 3310.